Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Thirteen, thrilled

I am thrilled. I now have a dual monitor setup. The monitor on the right, a 15inch Samsung was my original display. Last week I got myself a 17inch Philips, on the left. Today I purchased a S3 Virge 4mb V Ram PCI card. Fixed it on my mother board ( I have an onboard AGP slot for my primary video display), and changed the primary video display form AGP to PCI in the BIOS. It worked!

The entire exercise cost me Rs.200/- (approx 4.6USD) , if I had gone the usual way and got a dual head video card, like say a Matrox 32mb DDR AGP dual head video card, I'd have spent something like Rs 6000 !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter